John L. Fay is the founding attorney of the law firm of Fay, Farrow and Associates, P.C. He received his undergraduate degree from Northern Illinois University and received his Juris Doctor degree from Lewis University College of Law.
John began his professional career as a general practitioner, focusing his practice in the area of family law and domestic relations issues. Since 1985 John has concentrated his practice litigating and resolving issues concerning custody, visitation, child support, maintenance and property division. John enjoys a reputation among his peers as a thorough and assertive advocate for his clients. He is known by his clients to be responsive and compassionate in meeting the stressful demands individuals often face in domestic relations cases.
John is currently affiliated with the following professional associations: American Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, Du Page County Bar Association, Will County Bar Association, and is a member of the family law domestic relations committees of each bar association. He is also a certified family law mediator.
John was born and raised in the Chicagoland area and now resides in Naperville, Illinois with his wife Anita where they raised their six children.
- Juris Doctor degree: Lewis University College of Law, 1978
- Bachelor Arts degree: Northern Illinois University, 1975
- Illinois Licensure: 1979
Professional practice history:
- Law Offices of Fay, Farrow and Associates, P.C. 2004 to Present
- Law Offices of John L. Fay and Associates 1979 to 2004
- Family law and domestic relations litigation
- Custody, visitation, child support, maintenance, property division
- Post divorce modification issues
- Domestic Violence cases, Adoption
- Custody, Visitation, Mediation
Professional associations and activities:
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Assn.—Family Law Section Member
- Du Page County Bar Assn.— Family law committee
- Will County Bar Assn.—Family law committee
- Certified Mediator
- Illinois Bar Foundation